Waxing is the process of hair removal from the root by using a covering of a sticky substance, such as wax, to adhere to body hair, and then removing this covering and pulling out the hair from the follicle.
- One of the best benefits of waxing is that your skin will feel smooth and even. When waxing, you not only remove unwanted hair—you also wax away any dry and dead skin cells in the process!
- Irritation and allergies-free. There are minimal chemicals involved in the waxing process, so rarely does waxing cause any skin irritation or allergy.
- Slow hair re-growth. After waxing, the regrowth of your hair is very slow, often taking 4 to 6 weeks. As well, many say that they have found their hair to be finer, after the regrowth
BEFORE AND AFTER TIPS
- Exfoliate the day before your appointment.
- Don’t apply body lotion on the day of your appointment.
Use a deodorant without antiperspirant if you will be getting an underarm wax. The hair comes off easier.
- If you are really worried about pain, take one Advil an hour before your appointment.
- Avoid any hot treatments for 24 hours post-waxing (bath, sauna, steamer, tanning bed).